Acadia University TESOL Certificate
Train to be an ESL teacher in Canada or abroad with Acadia University’s TESOL Certificate program. You’ll develop the confidence, experience, and qualifications to succeed in this dynamic area of teaching.
Our TESOL Certificate program, available both online and on-campus, offers you an extensive curriculum that balances practical methodology, cross-cultural awareness, and teaching experience. You’ll study in hands-on courses, with the opportunity to interact with ESL students and experienced ESL teachers.
The certificate is comprised of 3 credit courses (9 Acadia credit-hours) that will build your skills in teaching ESL, linguistics, and language acquisition. You’ll experience over 100 hours of instruction and a 20-hour practicum in an ESL classroom.
- Qualify to apply for TESL Canada Standard One certification
- Earn 9 credit-hours and Acadia University certification
- Gain valuable teaching experience through a practicum at the location of your choice or at Acadia
- Create a customized program for your organization or educational institution
Our TESL Canada-accredited program is designed for university students or graduates and will provide you with the qualifications to
- Travel abroad and teach ESL
- Teach ESL in an accredited language program in Canada
- Continue your professional development as a teacher
- Make a career change
The TESOL certificate is available on-campus or online: in either version of the program, you’ll receive the same benefits and choose a practicum option. The online version of the TESOL Certificate provides you with additional flexibility to arrange your studies around your current academic, teaching, or professional commitments. The courses are also continuous-intake (open-entry), enabling you to choose the date you want to begin your studies.